THIS SERIES OF PROGRAMS DELIVERS A QUALITY OF LEARNING RARELY FOUND
Join professional herbalists Robert Rogers and Chad Cornell in an online study program designed to deepen your practical knowledge of medicinal plants, wild foods, and the philosophy behind their use. You will learn about the benefits of herbs and their history. You may even find that cultivating and growing herbs is your calling.
The first four modules of the Next Generation Herbalist Program provides the basic foundation about all aspects of herbalism and holistic living. You can then continue learning on line with the The Next Generation Herbalist Program or with Chad Cornell's The Integrative Herbalist Apprenticeship Program.
STEP ONE - PATH TO KNOWLEDGE
Enrol in THE NEXT GENERATION HERBALIST PROGRAM
(AND RECEIVE A FREE MEMBERSHIP TO UNITED PLANT SAVERS!)
Modules 1 - 4 covers:
- Over 50 videos covering the Boreal Forest Plants with Robert Rogers, Chad Cornell and elders and teachers
- Historical & Present Trends in Herbal Medicine & Basic Botany and Basic Physiology
- Ayurveda Basics, Elemental Perspectives & Holistic Cosmology
- Fundamentals In Physiology
- Herbal Medicine Course audio podcasts.
This program was designed for those desiring to respectfully reconnect and explore the healing power of nature and become knowledge keepers and a healing resource for their community.
Option 1 - Purchase each module à la carte for $295 CAD, or Approx. $225 USD
Option 2 - Time Payment: Modules One to Four at $199 (CAD), or Approx. $149 USD per month for six months for a total cost of $1194 CAD.
Option 3 - Purchase the set the first 4 modules for $1060 CAD - SAVE $120, or Approx. $795 USD
If you're truly interested in this program series contact us and we can arrange a time to connect with you by phone or email. We want to ensure this is the right program for you.
Receive a Free 1 year membership TO United Plant Savers!
United Plant Savers' mission is to protect native medicinal plants of the United States and Canada and their native habitat while ensuring an abundant renewable supply of medicinal plants for generations to come. The work of United Plant Savers involves research, education and conservation of native medicinal plants and their habitats.
When you purchase your first module you will also become a member of United Plant Savers for 1 year and join a group of wildcrafters, seed collectors, manufacturers, growers, botanists, researchers, practitioners, medicine makers, educators and plant lovers from all walks of life.
This offer is valid until June 30 2016
Step Two - Choose your Path
After completing the first four modules, you can choose your path. Continuing education with a multimedia on-line experience or working directly with a master herbalist.
OPTION two - Take the Path to become an Apprentice Herbalist
Are you seeking to become a practicing herbalist?
The first four modules of the Next Generation Herbalist Program (above) is a pre-requisite to the popular The Integrative Herbalist Apprenticeship Program.
Upon successful completion of the questions within each module you can continue with the 2.5 - 3 year advanced program. It is designed to take one from a beginner stage of herbal study to an in depth practical understanding of how to be a professional and effective Herbalist / Natural Healer. You can start immediately with the Next Generation on-line course, work at it within your own time schedule and receive up to 1 hour personal consultation per module with herbalist Chad Cornell.
Cost $1995 CAD (or approx. $1500 USD.) for the first phase of Apprenticeship Program.
Option one - CONTINUE WITH The Next Generation Herbalist Program
Are you seeking to deepen your personal knowledge?
Wild-Harvesting & Plant Identification,
Growing and Using Herbs,
Plant Conversation - understanding how we impact the natural environment.
Fermentation Essentials, Aromatherapy Essentials, Entheogens
Join members webinars and retreats
and much more....
More About THE NEXT GENERATION HERBALIST PROGRAM Program Content:
1. Our Common Roots. On-line viewing of this inspiring and educational award winning film.
2. OCR: Herbal Field Guide. Downloadable PDF.
3. Spirited plant talk videos- Robert Rogers and Chad Cornell discuss hundreds of plants, their herbal properties and real world use based on their deep insight as practicing herbalists with their 60 years of combined experience.
4. Detailed Illustrated Reference Text by Robert Rogers.
- Modern Herbal Research
- Historical Uses of Plants
- Flower Essences
- Spiritual Properties
- Personality Traits
- Botanica Poetica
- Doctrine of Signatures
- Recipes and much more
5. Audio Podcast Herbal Medicine Series (nine hours):
- Chad Cornell covers The History of the Living Tradition
- A New Generation
- The Importance of Local Access
- The Elementals – Ayurveda and Beyond, Body as Ecosystem
- Yin & Yang
- The Fundamental Actions of Herbs
- Intro to Creating Formulas
- Intro to Preparations
- The Art of Healing
- Food as Medicine
- Wild Harvesting & Chart
- Essential Herbs for Every Home
- Plants & Consciousness
- Vibrational Healing
- Designing Your Own Medicine Chest
- Grassroots Health Care
- Preparing for Change
6. Herbal Actions and Properties: From Adaptogen to Vulnerary. An in depth illustrated look at herbal actions and properties, by Robert Dale Rogers.
7. Herbal remedies videos - instruction about preparing formulas, infusions, poultices and more.
8. Extensive Interviews and Presentations - A continuing education series of videos and podcasts. Program members will have exclusive access to discussions from prominent herbal elders such as Dr. Terry Willard Cl.H. Maya Tiwari, renowned spiritual teacher - Ayurveda pioneer, Vedic scholar, and many others.
9. Textbook Study (with Guideline and Questions): Texts Required - Holistic Anatomy by Pip Waller, and The Yoga of Herbs & Ayurveda by Dr. Vasant Lad and Dr. David Frawley. The books must be purchased (or borrowed) separately. An optional series of questions is required for final Certificate of Completion.
10. Join our On-line forum - Where all people can share and discuss ideas and questions with us at OCR and others.
11. Live webinar - For Next Generation members only, with Robert Rogers and Chad Cornell
This series of programs will prove valuable for wisdom seekers of all stages, whether you are a budding herbalist, or established professional you'll find that it's not only filled with quality information but transformative wisdom as well.
Part of our own journey to health and harmony involves realigning ourselves with our own true nature. Within us all flows the very intelligence of mother nature herself, and exploring methods of accessing that inner wisdom is equally as important as learning information in an intellectual text book fashion.
Our goal is to make this Program accessible to as many people as possible and ensure the roots of herbal wisdom grow deep into the next generation.
EMAIL US AT:
Some photos from the series
Author, Robert Dale Rogers, RH (AHG)
Robert has written over thirty books on herbs and mushrooms. Robert has been a student of plant medicine for nearly 40 years, including 18 years as a clinical herbalist. He is an assistant clinical professor in the faculty of Family Medicine at the University of Alberta. Robert is chair on the North American Mycological Association (NAMA) and on the editorial board, the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. Robert has a Bachelor’s Degree in Botany. He has taught plant medicine for over 20 years, and is an avid fan of our indigenous plants and mushrooms. Robert has been involved in the health field for over 30 years and had a clinical herbal practice for 18 years (retired). He works as a consultant to various boards and industries advising growers and creating herbal formulas. He writes periodically for the magazine Fungi, and spends summers conducting mushroom walks and talks throughout North America and Europe.
Robert and his wife Laurie are owners of Self Heal Distributing and Scents of Wonder essential oils. Robert is the director of the Earth Spirit Medicine Program at The Northern Star College.
Chad Cornell M. H.
Chad Cornell, Master Herbalist. has been passionately studying and practicing natural healing methods for the past 20 years. He is well steeped in the traditions of both Eastern and Western Herbalism as well as other long standing methods of natural healing. Chad is currently practicing in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, where he has operated the Hollow Reed Holistic Healing Centre for the past 11 years.
Chad is actively involved in educating audiences ranging from children to university medical students, school teachers to nature retreat groups. He has an ongoing apprenticeship program, community level classes, and has co-created the film Our Common Roots and the Next Generation Herbalism online learning program. Chad holds a great respect for the variety of teachings he has received from herbalists, medicine people, and healers from all over the America’s and Turtle Island. He is currently a co-facilitator of the Summer Ethnobotany Program at the University of Winnipeg, Indigenous Studies Department; designed to deepen students knowledge of botanical healing and traditional ways.
Chad is committed to supporting food / medicine security through the sharing of knowledge and is dedicated to a vision of a healthy, well informed, and well aligned next generation. Such a vision requires that all nations and medical models work as one toward the common goal of a true state of health. Chad is an advocate of good-relations, caring for the land and stewardship. He suggests that we ask not only what plants can do for humankind but what we can do for the plant world also.
* prices and terms subject to change without notice.