Join professional herbalists Chad Cornell M.H. and Robert Rogers RH (AHG) in an online study program designed to deepen your practical knowledge of medicinal plants, wild foods, and the philosophy behind their use. You will learn about the benefits of herbs and their history. You may even find that cultivating and growing herbs is your calling.
INTRODUCING THE next generation HERBAL EXPLORATIONS PROGRAM
Our mission is to offer a journey into the art and science of herbal medicine and natural healing. We offer quality video footage, audio courses, and collections of texts and media from some of North Americas most passionate, educated, and experienced herbalists and healers.
Its a modular multi media on-line learning program
produced by Our Common Roots.
- Module One: Foundations in Herbalism
- Module Two: Energetics & Elementals
- Module Three: Practical Knowledge
- Module Four: Ancient Wisdom for Modern Times
- Future Modules Include: Saving our Herbs - plant conservation, Growing and cultivating your own medicinal herbs, The Industrial Angle and the Business of Herbs, A full module on Trees, Medicinal Mushrooms, Entheogens: Modern and Traditional Uses of Psychoactive Plants and Navigating Their Modern Resurgence, and more!
We’ll explore the history of healing, the role of Herbalism presently as well as it’s great future importance. One key question to start with is “what is medicine?” Is it a chemical that removes a symptom, a food that nourishes, or a state of right relationship? We focus on beginning the study of “how the body works” through the lens of Holistic Anatomy and a unique introduction to the language of the herbalist via Robert Roger’s Key Actions and Properties. We also explore some essentials in natural healing such as; seeing the body as an ecosystem, the role of Vital Energy or Qi and the true potential of sound health. There is a detailed look at the elements of earth, water, fire, air, and ether, as well as how we're literally made up of a balance of them all. You will find professionally made videos and audio classes and, of course, a full screening of our documentary film Our Common Roots - Unveiling Our Global Traditions of Healing with Plants is included.
- Over 75 spirited Videos with Robert Rogers, Chad Cornell
- Followup to the videos - detailed Reference Text by Robert Rogers.
- Complete Herbal Medicine Series audio Course by Chad Cornell (7 hours)
- Our Common Roots the full Movie Screening
- Herbal Field Guide. Downloadable PDF
- Historical & Present Trends in Herbal Medicine & Basic Botany and Basic Physiology
- Ayurveda Basics, Elemental Perspectives & Holistic Cosmology
- Fundamentals In Physiology
- Herbal Actions and Properties: From Adaptogen to Vulnerary. An in depth illustrated look at herbal actions and properties, by Robert Dale Rogers.
- Herbal preparations videos
- Masters & Elders - Continuing Education with interviews and presentations from herbal elders and teachers
The first four modules of the Next Generation Herbalist Program provides the basic foundation about herbalism and holistic living. The program works stand alone however, upon completion of the optional testing modules, you can move to Chad Cornell's Integrative Herbalist Apprenticeship Program. The Integrative Herbalist Apprenticeship Program has limited space, so priority is given to those who have started with the Next Gen. program.
If you're truly interested in this program series contact us and we can arrange a time to connect with you by phone or email. We want to ensure this is the right program for you.
EACH module COSTS $150.00 each*
Full access to video, audio and text content. You can work at your own pace and acquire new modules when you are ready. An optional certificate of completion is available upon completion and submission of the question portion.
Apprenticeship Entry Module
Available upon completion of the Next Generation modules. This module is designed to offer a transitional process from the online version of the Integrative Herbal Apprenticeship to the “in person” version. If your application is accepted, and if there is not a waiting list at the time, it will involve a 3 hour meeting in person or via Skype, as well as some specific assignments to ensure the Apprentice is up to date and has a solid grasp on the material studied. There will be 2 additional meetings of 1 hour each to review the assignments and clarify the direction of the apprenticeship.
Once you have registered just login to this website with the USER ID and PASSWORD you selected and you will be directed to the appropriate module(s).
No Risk. If you feel this is not the Herbal Program for you, we will refund within 48 hours of joining!
Questions? Please contact us: email@example.com
MORE ABOUT PROGRAM CONTENT
1. Our Common Roots. On-line viewing of this inspiring and educational award winning film.
2. OCR: Herbal Field Guide. Downloadable PDF.
3. Spirited plant talk videos- Robert Rogers and Chad Cornell discuss hundreds of plants, their herbal properties and real world use based on their deep insight as practicing herbalists with their 60 years of combined experience.
4. Detailed Illustrated Reference Text by Robert Rogers.
- Modern Herbal Research
- Historical Uses of Plants
- Flower Essences
- Spiritual Properties
- Personality Traits
- Botanica Poetica
- Doctrine of Signatures
- Recipes and much more
5. Audio Courses Herbal Medicine Series (nine hours):
- Chad Cornell covers The History of the Living Tradition
- A New Generation
- The Importance of Local Access
- The Elementals – Ayurveda and Beyond, Body as Ecosystem
- Yin & Yang
- The Fundamental Actions of Herbs
- Intro to Creating Formulas
- Intro to Preparations
- The Art of Healing
- Food as Medicine
- Wild Harvesting & Chart
- Essential Herbs for Every Home
- Plants & Consciousness
- Vibrational Healing
- Designing Your Own Medicine Chest
- Grassroots Health Care
- Preparing for Change
6. Herbal Actions and Properties: From Adaptogen to Vulnerary. An in depth look at herbal actions and properties, by Robert Dale Rogers.
7. Herbal remedies videos - instruction about preparing formulas, infusions, poultices and more.
8. Interviews and Presentations - A continuing education series of videos and podcasts. Program members will have exclusive access to discussions from prominent herbal elders such as Dr. Terry Willard Cl.H. Maya Tiwari, renowned spiritual teacher - Ayurveda pioneer, Vedic scholar, and many others.
This series of programs will prove valuable for wisdom seekers of all stages, whether you are a budding herbalist, or established professional you'll find that it's not only filled with quality information but transformative wisdom as well.
Author, Robert Dale Rogers, RH (AHG)
Robert has written over thirty books on herbs and mushrooms. Robert has been a student of plant medicine for nearly 40 years, including 18 years as a clinical herbalist. He is an assistant clinical professor in the faculty of Family Medicine at the University of Alberta. Robert is chair on the North American Mycological Association (NAMA) and on the editorial board, the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms. Robert has a Bachelor’s Degree in Botany. He has taught plant medicine for over 20 years, and is an avid fan of our indigenous plants and mushrooms. Robert has been involved in the health field for over 30 years and had a clinical herbal practice for 18 years (retired). He works as a consultant to various boards and industries advising growers and creating herbal formulas. He writes periodically for the magazine Fungi, and spends summers conducting mushroom walks and talks throughout North America and Europe.
Robert and his wife Laurie are owners of Self Heal Distributing and Scents of Wonder essential oils. Robert is the director of the Earth Spirit Medicine Program at The Northern Star College.
Chad Cornell M. H.
Chad Cornell, Master Herbalist. has been passionately studying and practicing natural healing methods for the past 20 years. He is well steeped in the traditions of both Eastern and Western Herbalism as well as other long standing methods of natural healing. Chad is currently practicing in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, where he has operated the Hollow Reed Holistic Healing Centre for the past 11 years.
Chad is actively involved in educating audiences ranging from children to university medical students, school teachers to nature retreat groups. He has an ongoing apprenticeship program, community level classes, and has co-created the film Our Common Roots and the Next Generation Herbalism online learning program. Chad holds a great respect for the variety of teachings he has received from herbalists, medicine people, and healers from all over the America’s and Turtle Island. He is currently a co-facilitator of the Summer Ethnobotany Program at the University of Winnipeg, Indigenous Studies Department; designed to deepen students knowledge of botanical healing and traditional ways.
Chad is committed to supporting food / medicine security through the sharing of knowledge and is dedicated to a vision of a healthy, well informed, and well aligned next generation. Such a vision requires that all nations and medical models work as one toward the common goal of a true state of health. Chad is an advocate of good-relations, caring for the land and stewardship. He suggests that we ask not only what plants can do for humankind but what we can do for the plant world also.
* prices and terms subject to change without notice.